People say indexing is boring, but we don't think it has to be that way.
Our Indexers have been quite active. Check out photos of their kids!
Did you know that one can write about indexing trends in a humorous way? If not, check out this spoof of the boom in emerging market investing:
Exploring Extraterrestrial Markets by Steven Schoenfeld, Institutional Investor - International Edition, December 1996
The book's editor isn't 'all indexing, no fun.' In fact, he -- like other nerdy indexers -- does have some fun now and then. See some of these photos for proof.
This 'FOR FUN' section will be expanded soon . . . The book's Editor, Contributors and friends in the industry are working on a bunch of ideas, and readers should feel free to submit your own ideas and contributions too!
Here are some of the features we'll be developing for this part of the Eppendix site:
- 'Top Ten' stupid index ideas
- 'Bottom Ten' index funds ever launched
- Indexing 'war stories' - index reconstitutions, rebalances and market volatility
- Did You Know? Test your index knowledge!
- Index History
- The Superheros of Indexing:
- his sidekick, 'Tracking Error'
- and of course, the alluring 'AlphaWoman'
- 'Really Alternative Asset Class' Indexes